These are the best 1080P phones seen through the eyes of an Android enthusiast.
In case you are not quite sure what 1080 P also known as full HD means, let me take a moment to clarify before I tell you which ones are the best ones.
The 1080 stands for the number of vertical pixels on a screen. Usually a 1080P screen has 1080 vertical pixels and 1920 horizontal pixels. The P stands for progressive scan as opposed to interlaced.
For a more complete description check out the WIKIPEDIA page on the subject.
These are the best 1080P phones.
Samsung Galaxy S4.
The first phone I would like to mention is the 2013 flagship phone from Samsung. It has an amazingly vivid full HD screen. At the time of writing this the S4 is one of the more expensive phones you can get that sports a 1080P screen. But having owned one for several months now I can tell you that it is definitely worth it.
- Size – 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inch screen which gives a pixel density of 441 pixels per inch.
- Super AMOLED touchscreen with 16 million colors.
- Protection – Corning gorilla glass 3.
For more details on this phone check out our Galaxy S4 article.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
The second phone ( or phablet if you like ) I would like to tell you about is the latest addition to the Note series cellphones from Samsung. Like all the phones listed here it has a very nice 1080P screen. If you don’t like BIG phones this is not the one for you. However if you are inclined to like the bigger screens this might just be the one for you.
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors.
- Size – 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.7 inch screen which gives a pixel density of 386 pixels per inch.
- Protection – Not yet known.
For more details check out our Galaxy Note 3 article.
Sony Xperia Z1.
Last week Sony announced its latest flagship cellphone, the Xperia Z1. It has the Sony mobile BRAVIA engine 2 with Triluminos display. The Triluminos technology is a new backlight system which Sony claims gives their screens a higher and truer color spectrum. In addition it gives the screen a darker black level then their previous screens.
- TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors.
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inch screen which gives it a pixel density of 441 pixels per inch.
- For protection it has a shatterproof and scratch resistant coating.
For more detail check out this review on Trustedreviews.com on the Xperia Z1.
ZTE Grand S.
If you think that these phones are a bit on the expensive side, let me tell you about a very good but cheap 1080P cell phone from ZTE. This company is not as well known as the ones I have already mentioned, but that does not mean they can’t make a great phone, with an amazingly good looking 1080P screen. Also wort noting about this phone is that at the time it was announced it was the worlds thinnest 1080P android phone.
- Capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors.
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inch screen which gives a pixel density of 441 pixels per inch.
- Not yet known.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 leaked again by casemaker
Surprice surprice. Another casemaker, this time vrs design has leaked images of the soon to ...read more
Lots of images of the Samsung Galaxy s7 Olympic games edition
Samsung has finally revealed the highly anticipated olympic games edition of the Galaxy S7, Check ...read more
Top new features of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Now we all know the hottest devices in the smartphone world right now are the ...read more
This is the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge
It’s been a year since MWC 2015 was held at Barcelona, and here we are ...read more