To conserve energy there is a lot of things that can be done, one of these is to set a black background image.
There’s lots of ways to make your battery last as long as possible. Among others the Galaxy s5 has a power saving mode. If you think this is a bit drastic you could make sure that the image on your home screen uses as little battery juice as possible.
By setting a black home screen image on your phone those parts of your screen that is not covered by anything else uses as little energy as possible.
UPDATE ! I have now done a test to find out just how much battery can be saved by doing this. Check out our Black VS white homescreen for AMOLED phones test.
How to set your Galaxy S5 homescreen to black.
- Visit this page on with your cell phone.
- Long press the image ( the black space above this text ) until a menu appears.
- Choose “save image”.
- Go to your phone’s gallery app and open the new black image.
- Open the menu and pick “set as”.
- Choose whether to set as home screen image lock screen image or both.
- Found what you were looking for, why not
Be sure to check out these tips and tricks for the Galaxy S5.
- How to update the Galaxy S5.
- How to screenshot on the Galaxy S5.
- How to setup the Galaxy S5 fingerprint reader.
- How to factory reset the Galaxy S5.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S5
Chain fire one of the most well known modders in the Android scene has released ...read more
How to turn any regular Galaxy S5 into a Galaxy S5 developer edition
In this tutorial we will show you how to make any ordinary Samsung Galaxy S5 ...read more
How to update the Samsung Galaxy S5 with Kies
How to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the latest available official Android Os software ...read more
Galaxy S5 split screen
How to enable and use split screen for the Samsung Galaxy S5.For the longest time ...read more