How to customize the galaxy s3 lockscreen The lock screen on Android phones has over the years evolved quit a bit. From the early versions where all you could do was to unlock your phone it has now turned into almost anything you want it to be. On the Samsung galaxy s III you can change the content on your lock screen in many ways. Change the background imageYou can as with previous versions of the android Os change the background image on your galaxy s3. Doing this is easily achieved following this recipe :
- Find somewhere on your home screen with no shortcuts.
- Press and hold a finger down until a pop up screen appears.
- From the list that appears choose “Lock screen”.
- If you want a custom image from you gallery choose the “gallery” option in the next pop up, or choose “Wallpapers” to use on of the pictures Samsung has supplied for this use.
- Choose the picture you want to use.
- Now if you want to you can crop the picture as you please and press the “done” button in the upper right corner when you have finished.
- The Lock screen has now been changed, go ahead check it out!
- Swipe This is the stock lock screen that your galaxy s3 is set up with when you take it out of the box. It functions in such a way that it displays a picture. When you touch the screen there is a ripple affect as if you put your finger in water. When you swipe your finger across the screen the phone unlocks.
- Motion This lock screen works in a similar way as the former one except that you unlock your phone by putting your finger on the screen and tilt it forward.
- Face unlock Using this option you can unlock your phone by holding your face in front of the cameras phone. I have written an article about this option, you can read it here
- Face and voice This one works in a similar fashion as the Face unlock. The only difference is that you have to speak a word in addition to showing your face to unlock the phone.
- Pattern Draw a pattern on the screen that you have determined in advance to unlock the screen.
- Pin Similar to the way you use a pin when you withdraw money in your local ATM machine.
- Password Type in a password predetermined by yourself to unlock your phone.
- None If you use this option there will by no lock screen. This means that as soon as you hit that power button the phone will directly unlock.
- Press the settings button.
- Scroll down and hit the Security tab.
- Almost at the top press the Lock screen options tab and you will have access to a multitude of new options to customize the look and feel of your lockscreen.
The other really interesting new option for your lock screen is that you can add a ticker to the bottom of the lock screen.
- Content type Press this one to choose between “news” and “stock”
- Sliding speed Chose this one to pick between the different speeds that the news or stocks will slide over the screen.
- Settings Here you can choose how often the ticker should update, what kind of news or ticker you are interested in or you can choose to display by country of interest.