How to customize the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact home screen.
One of the main advantages of owning an Android phone is the fact that it is perhaps the most customizable smartphone Os there is. One of the many things you can change on your Xperia Z1 Compact is how your home screen looks.
In this tutorial I will show you how you make your phone more personal.
How to change the Xperia Z1 compact wallpaper.
- Press and hold your finger somewhere on your homescreen that does not have any icons or widgets.
- On the menu that appears press the wallpapers icon.
- To use one of the wallpapers supplied by Sony simply scroll through the thumbnail on the bottom half of the screen.
- To use on of your own photos press where it says photos or album.
- To make your home screen come alive, press where it says live wallpapers, and pick one of the animated wallpapers.
How to add or delete a shortcut on the Xperia Z1 Compact.
- From your home screen tap the apps icon and locate the app you want to place on your home screen.
- Once you have found it press and hold it for about half a second until it detaches from the apps folder. Don’t worry though you won’t remove it from the apps folder, a copy will be made.
- Move it over to the top half of the screen where it says add to home screen. Move it about until you find just the spot you want it to be. If you want it on another one of your screens just move it to one of the sides of the screen to cycle through them.
- Once you are satisfied simply let go, and the new shortcut is created.
To remove a shortcut simply find the icon you want to get rid of, press and hold. Now all that is left to do is move it over to the trash can that appears at the bottom of your screen.
How to add or remove widgets on the Xperia Z1 Compact.
- From the home screen press and hold anywhere that does not have a widget or app.
- Press the widgets icon in the lower left corner.
- Thumbnails of the available widgets will appear.
- To move one of them to the home screen simply pick it up by pressing and holding it. Once it detaches move it over to the home screen you want it
To remove a widget from your home screen simply press and hold it until you see the trash can at the bottom of the screen. Move the widget you don’t want over the trash and release it
How to create a folder on the Xperia Z1 compact home screen.
- On your home screen press and hold one of the icons you want to be in a folder.
- Hold it on top of another icon you want in the folder of your phone.
- Drop it on top of the other icon, and you will have your home screen folder.
To get rid of a folder you will have to remove the shortcuts in it one by one until the folder is empty. The folder will now disappear.
To rename a folder, all you have to do is open it and tap the pencil icon in the top right corner. Enter your folder name and press done.
Change the icons in the Xperia Z1 Compact notification area.
- Pull down the notification area of your phone by pulling your finger from top to bottom of your screen.
- Press the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Press personalisation under the device settings.
- Press the quick settings tab.
- In the list that appears you can pick which ones you want by ticking them on the right side. To rearrange the order they appear press and hold to the left of them. Now simply move it up or down the list until you are satisfied.
Check out these related tutorials :
- How to screenshot on the Xperia Z1 Compact.
- How to update the Xperia Z1 Compact.
- How to reset the Xperia Z1 Compact.
Xperia Z1 compact reset
How to reset your Sony Xperia Z1 compact to factory settings.The reasons for wanting to ...read more
How to update Xperia Z1 Compact
This is how you update the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to the latest Android Os ...read more