How to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
To get the most from your Galaxy Note 3 you should always make sure that it is running the latest possible firmware version. At the time this article is written the Note 3 currently runs Android 4.3 ( Jelly Bean ). From time to time Samsung releases new upgrades to their phones.
According to rumors Samsung is already testing Android Kit Kat 4.4 on this device. We suspect that we won’t have to wait too long before it gets here. It is likely that the Note 3 will receive another big update before Sammy stops updating it. It is not yet known whether the next version will be called Android 4.5 or 5.0.
When updating this phone you can choose to do so OTA ( over the air ) or through a computer with Kies software from Samsung. Let me show you how.
Before you update take a moment to backup your data.
Although I have never ever lost any data while updating any of my Android phones, I highly recommend that you spend some time backing up your phone. At the very least I would Backup your Android contacts and backup your cell phone photos. This way you make sure that you don’t loose the most important data, should anything go wrong and you brick your phone.
How to update the Note 3 OTA.
- From your Home screen tap the Settings icon.
- From the settings tab choose the General tab.
- Now you have to click where it says About device.
- Next, click the Software update tab.
- And finally click where it says Update.
- If this was useful why not
How to update the Note 3 via a computer with Kies.
Before you start check that you have the following.
- A USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- A PC with Kies from Samsung or a MAC with Kies for MAC.
Once you have downloaded and installed the correct Kies version you are ready to begin.
- Launch Samsung Kies and connect the device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Kies will automatically check if your phone has the latest available Android version.
- If an update is available a pop up will appear and you can choose to start the process.
If you have just successfully updated your Galaxy Note 3, congratulations. If no update was found you should wait a few days and give it another go.
How to block someone on Android
Being hassled by telemarketers, or have a few "friends" that keep calling you at the ...read more
How to disable launcher icon notifications on Android
Notifications is a helpful feature of any modern phone. It lets you know when something ...read more
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more