How to update the Samsung Galaxy s3 to the latest firmware version.
For as long as smart phones has been around there has always been updates to their software. Phone manufacturers has always been in a hurry to get new products out to a hungry audience waiting for the next big thing to hit the cell phone market. As a consequence the phones will almost always be put out for sale before the quirks and errors has been taken out of the system. As a way of correcting these errors the makers of phones will from time to time need to update the firmware to phones. In most cases these updates will show up on your phone when the time is right, but for those of who are not willing to wait a second longer than necessary there is a way to check for these upgrades manually. This will also work for the American versions : ,SGH-I747,SGH-I535,SGH-T999,s III,I9305.
If you have bought the SG3 you already have the best cell phone there is. If you want to make it even better follow the instructions below.
First a small warning! Although updating your phone to the latest firmware should not entail any risk there is a small chance that some of your data could get lost. This is why there is always a good idea to backup data that is irreplaceable.
Backup your files before updating
To backup your contact list check out : Backup android contact list tutorial.
To backup your photos and images : Backup Android photos.
Now to the good part:
- Make sure your phone is connected to wi-fi. Simply pull down the notification area and press the leftmost button named Wi-Fi. Alternately you could do this using mobile data but this could get expensive if you are not on a data plan with your operator.
- Press the apps icon to take you to your apps.
- Find and press the settings icon to take you to the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and press the About Device.
- At the top there is a tab named Software update, press it.
- On the next screen there is a tab named Update, press that one.
- Your phone will now connect to the Samsung servers and if there is a update available the upgrade should start imminently.
- useful, why not
This just in : Galaxy s3 jelly bean update set for August 29.
I also recommend reading my how to change the galaxy s3 wallpaper tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy s3 multiview splitscreen tutorial
How to enable and use multiview on your Galaxy s3Starting from Android version 4.1.2 the ...read more
How to factory reset Galaxy s3
This is how you safely factory resets your Samsung Galaxy s3Has your Galaxy s3 has ...read more
How to update Galaxy s3 to Jelly bean 4.1.1 official version
galaxy s3 jelly bean update officialy hereToday we have finally been getting the first reports ...read more
How to create folder on Galaxy s3
How to create folders on you Samsung Galaxy s3Why use folders ?If you have the ...read more