How to setup the fingerprint reader on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
After years of speculation and endless articles with rumors of an Android Os cell phone, with a fingerprint scanner we finally got the flagship model we always wanted. It’s been a long wait. And it did not help that the other popular cell phone Os got their fingerprint scanner last year.
While the competitors scanner work in such a way that you can hold your finger on the button, Samsung has implemented a scanner which requires you to swipe you finger across it. I won’t tell you which is my favorite. Rest assured that they both work.
In this tutorial I will show you how to setup the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S5.
How to setup the Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner.
- From your home screen press the “apps” icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the quick settings tab, press the “finger scanner” icon.
- Press where it says “Fingerprint manager”.
- Agree to the disclaimer by pressing ok.
- Swipe your finger across the home button as you can see in the animation.
- Now all you have to do is enter a password as an alternative in case your phone can’t recognise your finger.
- Once you have done this your phone will send you to the “Screen unlock settings” screen, where you will have to pick “fingerprint”.
- That’s it, if this was useful why not
If for some reason your device is having difficulties recognising your finger, it can be a good idea to add another fingerprint to the phone. If you really want to use the finger you first used, but still have a hard time getting it to work you could setup the same finger again as a new print. If you choose to do so I would recommend that you hold it at a slightly different angle.
I would prefer if I could use my thumb on the scanner for one handed use. But had a hard time getting it right. In the end I had to setup my index finger to get it working in a satisfactory way.
Related Galaxy S5 tutorials.
- Galaxy S5 update tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 screenshot tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 reset tutorial.
- Or head on over to Galaxy S5 tutorials to see them all.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S5
Chain fire one of the most well known modders in the Android scene has released ...read more
How to turn any regular Galaxy S5 into a Galaxy S5 developer edition
In this tutorial we will show you how to make any ordinary Samsung Galaxy S5 ...read more
How to update the Samsung Galaxy S5 with Kies
How to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the latest available official Android Os software ...read more
Black home screen image for all 1080x1920 phones
To conserve energy there is a lot of things that can be done, one of ...read more