This is how to reset the Samsung Galaxy S5 back to the way it was before you ever started using it.
Smartphones has come a long way since they started to hit the market a few years ago. Sadly though there is a reasonable chance that you will find yourself in a situation where your phone is not performing the way it once did. Either that or your phone may simply have locked up completely to the point where you can’t even use it.
In these situations a factory reset may be the best way of resolving your problems. There are two different ways of achieving this on your Galaxy S5 cell phone. The first one is for resolving those minor problems that can arise from time to time, and the second way is for when your phone is completely locked up. Let me show you how it works.
Galaxy S5 reset.
- From your home screen press the Apps icon in the lower right corner.
- Find and press the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the users and backup section and press the Backup and reset icon.
- At the bottom of the next screen press where it says Factory data reset.
- Hit the Reset device to complete the process.
- If this did the trick why not
If you have followed this tutorial to the letter your phone will now reset. Your phone will return to the way it was the day you bought it, except for one thing. If you ever updated your Galaxy S5 to get the latest Android Os version, it will not revert to a previous firmware version.
If you can’t even get you phone to respond when you press the screen or any of the buttons a completely different approach needs to be taken.
Second way of resetting your Galaxy S5.
- Press and hold the power button to turn the device of.
- If your device does not respond, remove the battery and put it back after a few seconds. ( Don’t turn it back on )
- With your device of press and hold the volume up and the home button, then without releasing the two other buttons press and hold the power button as well.
- Hold them depressed until your phone boots with the words Recovery mode in the upper left corner .
- To navigate the recovery mode screen use the volume up and down to go up and down. Use the power button to select an option.
- Press the volume down button three times until the Wipe data/factory reset option is selected.
- Press the power button to select this option.
For more Galaxy S5 tutorials, check out these:
How to setup Samsung Gear VR and run your first game
The Samsung Gear VR is a virtual reality headset that uses your smartphone to deliver ...read more
Pokemon GO at sea
In the time since Pokemon go was launched literally thousands of articles has been written ...read more
Android Marshmallow’s Hidden System UI Tuner
One of the greatest things about the Android operating system is how open and fully ...read more
How to get Android N Features
Most of us are aware of Android N’s current “Beta” stage. Android N happens to ...read more