This is how to reset the Samsung Galaxy S5 back to the way it was before you ever started using it.
Smartphones has come a long way since they started to hit the market a few years ago. Sadly though there is a reasonable chance that you will find yourself in a situation where your phone is not performing the way it once did. Either that or your phone may simply have locked up completely to the point where you can’t even use it.
In these situations a factory reset may be the best way of resolving your problems. There are two different ways of achieving this on your Galaxy S5 cell phone. The first one is for resolving those minor problems that can arise from time to time, and the second way is for when your phone is completely locked up. Let me show you how it works.
Galaxy S5 reset.
- From your home screen press the Apps icon in the lower right corner.
- Find and press the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the users and backup section and press the Backup and reset icon.
- At the bottom of the next screen press where it says Factory data reset.
- Hit the Reset device to complete the process.
- If this did the trick why not
If you have followed this tutorial to the letter your phone will now reset. Your phone will return to the way it was the day you bought it, except for one thing. If you ever updated your Galaxy S5 to get the latest Android Os version, it will not revert to a previous firmware version.
If you can’t even get you phone to respond when you press the screen or any of the buttons a completely different approach needs to be taken.
Second way of resetting your Galaxy S5.
- Press and hold the power button to turn the device of.
- If your device does not respond, remove the battery and put it back after a few seconds. ( Don’t turn it back on )
- With your device of press and hold the volume up and the home button, then without releasing the two other buttons press and hold the power button as well.
- Hold them depressed until your phone boots with the words Recovery mode in the upper left corner .
- To navigate the recovery mode screen use the volume up and down to go up and down. Use the power button to select an option.
- Press the volume down button three times until the Wipe data/factory reset option is selected.
- Press the power button to select this option.
For more Galaxy S5 tutorials, check out these:
How to block someone on Android
Being hassled by telemarketers, or have a few "friends" that keep calling you at the ...read more
How to disable launcher icon notifications on Android
Notifications is a helpful feature of any modern phone. It lets you know when something ...read more
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more