Updating your phone to the latest official Android version is a breeze when you follow these easy steps.
When the Samsung galaxy s5 had it’s worldwide launch on the 11th of april 2014, it originally came with Android Os version 4.4.2.
In the coming months and years you can expect Samsung to update this cell phone several times.
To get these updates all you really have to do is wait for them to get pushed to your phone. However there is a faster way of getting them.
Let me show you how to manually check your galaxy S5 for the latest available firmware version.
Before you get started I will give you a small warning. When updating there is a small chance that things could go wrong. This is why I always recommend backing up any data you can’t do without before you start.
I have personally never lost anything during an update, but I’ve heard that it is possible, so if you want to be on the safe side make sure you backup your data before you start.
Backup your files before updating.
Backup android contacts tutorial.
Backup Android photos tutorial.
How to update the Galaxy S5.
- Make sure your phone is connected to wi-fi. Simply pull down the notification area and press the leftmost button named Wi-Fi. Alternately you could do this using mobile data but this could get expensive if you are not on a data plan with your operator.
- Press the apps icon to take you to your apps.
- Find and press the settings icon to take you to the settings menu.
- Scroll down, close to the bottom of the screen and press the About Device.
- At the top there is a tab named Software update, press it.
- On the next screen there is a tab named Update, press that one.
- Your phone will now connect to the Samsung servers and if there is a update available the upgrade should start imminently.
- useful, why not
Why update your Galaxy S5.
The Android Os for cell phones is constantly evolving. What was once the pinnacle of smartphone operating system is in a few short months old news.
Regardless if your phone is a Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Motorola or any other brand, smartphone manufacturers is always trying to please their customers by putting the latest Android Os on their phones. This requires a lot of work on their part, and they eventually want to sell you their newer phones so there is a limit to how long you can expect those upgrades to keep coming. Two years of updates is generally what you can expect from a flagship smartphone.
The most notable differences one can expect when getting the latest firmware version installed on your Samsung Galaxy S5, is the changes made to the Graphical user interface. In addition, and more importantly any update usually makes your phone safer and faster. This due to bug fixes that are made and pushed to your cell phone as they are found.
To find details on the Android Os version you are updating to check out the official Android Os Page.
Check out these Galaxy S5 tutorials:
- Galaxy S5 screenshot tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 split screen tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 fingerprint reader setup tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 reset tutorial.
How to block someone on Android
Being hassled by telemarketers, or have a few "friends" that keep calling you at the ...read more
How to disable launcher icon notifications on Android
Notifications is a helpful feature of any modern phone. It lets you know when something ...read more
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more