If you don’t want to lose your contact list on your phone it is a good idea to take a backup on android.
How to backup Android device.
If you are updating your phone it can be a good idea to backup your contact list before doing so. Usually this is not necessary but if you are unlucky you can lose all your data including your contacts.
The good news
Thankfully Google has made Android Os in such a way that if you have linked your Android phone to your Gmail, your contacts are most likely already synced with your gmail.
- To check this go to your Gmail account.
- In the upper left corner under the Google logo press where it says Gmail.
- In the drop down that appears choose Contacts.
- Your contacts should appear.
If you saw your contact list from your phone in that list you are done. Google has already backed up your contacts.
If you did not find your contacts there are some things you need to do to make sure that they are backed up.
Found something useful why not
How to backup your Android contacts
- Go to your phones settings ( if you don’t have a shortcut on your homescreen you can find it in your list of apps )
- Scroll though this menu and press the tab that says Back up and reset.
- Now what you have to do is make sure the Back up my data tab is checked, and if it is not, check it right now.
If for any reason you are switching phones it is a good idea to backup you contact data. I can clearly remember in the olden days when one was forced to manually insert all ones contacts into your new phone by writing everyone’s number and name into the contact list one by one.
Another way to backup your Android contacts
- Open the contact list on your phone.
- Hit the menu button from your contact list.
- From the list that appears hit the import/export tab.
- This will bring up a list of available export and importing options.
how to change icons with Zedge
Let me show you how to change icons with the Zedge app on android phones.I ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy J1 J2 J5 and J7
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy J1, J2, J5 and J7.Once you ...read more
how to unblock a contact on android
The Android operating system for cell phones is very versatile. In some cases the numerous ...read more
Finding your lost Android device
Not everyone is perfect. People sometimes forget to turn off the lights, or forgot to ...read more