Let me show you how to change icons with the Zedge app on android phones.
I think it is a general misconception that changing icons on a cell phone means having to root or do other irreversible things to your phone.
This may have been the case at some point in time but if you have a relatively new phone you can easily do this with the Zedge app. In this tutorial I will show you how to do it.
If you don’t yet have the app installed you can go ahead and get it from the Play store. Zedge download link, Google play.
How to change icons with Zedge.
- Open the app and go to the Icons beta section found in the apps menu.
- From the list of icons pick and click the ones you would like.
- From the list of available icons pick the one you want to change.
- Rename the app if you would like. If you wan’t the icon to have no text at all simply hit the rename option and add a space. If you skip this step your shortcut will get the text it had to begin with.
- Once you pick which app to associate with the icon you should get a feedback that it has been added to your home screen.
Congratulations you have now taken a big step towards customizing your phone.
If you want to change the icon to a different one all you have to do is do the steps listed above one more time. And if you don’t want two shortcuts on your home screen leading to the same app, just press and hold the one you don’t want from your home screen until an option to remove appears. Simply move the icon to the trash can and let it go.
How to revert to the stock icons.
- Press and hold the icon you no longer want until the trash can appears.
- Move the icon over and put it into the trash can.
- Head on over to your phone’s apps section.
- Press and hold the one you want back to your home screen.
- Once it detaches your home screen will appear and you can put it where you want.
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more
Pokemon GO at sea
In the time since Pokemon go was launched literally thousands of articles has been written ...read more
How to enable Double Tap to wake on the Nexus 6P
Coming from Cyanogenmod or another device with the Luxury of having a supported Double tap ...read more