Let me show you how to change around a few things on your Galaxy s4 home screen to make it look just the way you want it.
Maybe the best thing about the Android operating system for cell phones is that you can customize it to make it look just the way you want it.
The thing you are going to see the most of on your phone is the home screen. So let’s dive in and take a look at all the options you have for making it look just the way you like it.
How to add or delete a shortcut on the Galaxy s4.
- From your home screen tap the apps icon and locate the app you want to place on your home screen.
- Once you have found it press and hold it for about half a second until it detaches from the apps folder. Don’t worry though you won’t remove it from the apps folder, a copy will be made.
- You will be taken to the home screen. Don’t let go of the icon just jet. Move it about until you find just the spot you want it to be. If you want it on another one of your screens just move it to one of the sides of the screen to cycle through them or hold it over one of the previews almost at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you are satisfied simply let go, and the new shortcut is created.
To remove a shortcut simply find the icon you want to get rid of, press and hold. Now all that is left to do is move it over to the trash can that appears at the top of the screen.
How to add or remove widgets on the Galaxy s4.
- From the home screen press the apps button in the lower right corner of your screen.
- In the top right area of your screen you can see the text Widgets. Go ahead and click that area to bring up a list of all the available widgets.
- From here on out the process is the same as for the shortcuts. Just press and hold until the widget detaches and you will be brought to your home screen.
- Move the widget around until it is where you want it. Now all you have to do is let go and you are done.
To remove a widget from your home screen simply press and hold it until you see the trash can at the top of the screen. Move the widget you don’t want over the trash and drop it.
How to add or remove shortcuts at the bottom of your home screen on the Galaxy s4.
- Press and hold the icon you want on your home screen.
- When it comes loose you can move it to the bottom of the screen and let it go. If the list is already full it will replace the icon already there.
- If you want to place a shortcut that is not on your home screen in the first place you will have to move it to the home screen first. If you don’t know how, follow the instructions at the top of this article for how to add or delete a shortcut on your Galaxy s4.
To remove one of these shortcuts, also called favorites shortcuts simply press and hold the one you want to loose until the trash can appears. Move it over there and drop it.
How to add or remove a folder from the Galaxy s4 home screen.
- From the home screen press and hold your finger on an area where there are no shortcuts until a pop up menu appears.
- From that menu tap the tab that reads folder.
- Another pop up appears asking you to name your new folder.
- Write the name you want for your folder and click OK.
To remove a folder from the home screen simply press and hold it until you see the trash can. Now just move the folder over to the trash can and drop it.
How to change the wallpaper on the Galaxy s4.
- Press and hol your finger anywhere on the home screen where there are no icons.
- From the pop up that appears press where it reads Set wallpaper.
- From the next screen choose if you want your choices to apply to the home screen, lock screen or both.
- From the next pop up you get to choose if you want your home screen background to be a picture you have taken yourself. ( Gallery ) An animated background. ( Live wallpapers ) or one of the backgrounds supplied to you on your Galaxy s4 by Samsung .( Wallpapers )
- Either way you will get a list of the ones available to you. Simply pick the one you like the most. Now hit the home button and check out your new background.
How to add or remove another screen to the Galaxy s4 home screen.
- From your home screen press the menu button. It is situated right next to the home button on the left side.
- From the menu that appears hit the pencil icon that reads Edit page.
- To add another screen hit the plus symbol on your screen. If no plus symbol is available you already have the maximum seven possible screens.
To delete a screen just press and hold it and move it over to the trash can symbol at the top of the screen where it says Remove.
For more tutorials on this subject check out our Galaxy s4 tutorials section.
If this was helpful why not
How to enable Double Tap to wake on the Nexus 6P
Coming from Cyanogenmod or another device with the Luxury of having a supported Double tap ...read more
Android Marshmallow’s Hidden System UI Tuner
One of the greatest things about the Android operating system is how open and fully ...read more
How to customize your Android power menu
The best thing about Android is the ability to customize every little detail to make ...read more
How to send texts & receive notifications from your device to your PC
For those of us who wishes they could seamlessly send SMS messages from your PC ...read more