In this tutorial we will show you how to make any ordinary Samsung Galaxy S5 into a developer edition.
If you are a developer of games or apps for the Android Os platform chances are that you own a developer edition cell phone. Then again there’s a chance that you don’t even know why or if you should get one.
From what little information I have found on what separates a regular phone from a developer edition there isn’t much to tell. Seems to me that the biggest difference is the fact that it’s easier to unlock their bootloader.
What’s a bootloader.
When you turn your phone on, the first thing that starts is the bootloader. It checks that the firmware you want to load is the one that the manufacturer of the phone originally intended the device to load. Put in another way, it stops you from tinkering with things they don’t want you to tinker with.
How to turn your S5 in to a Galaxy S5 developer edition.
- From your homescreen press the apps icon.
- Find and press the settings icon.
- Under system press the about device icon. You will have to scroll down to find it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the next screen and start repeatedly pressing where it says Build number.
- After a little while a warning message will appear. Keep pressing a few more times and you are there.
- If this was what you were looking for why not
Once you are done you can go ahead and check out the newly unlocked developer options on your Galaxy S5.
Also make sure you check out these related articles.
- How to screenshot on the Galaxy S5.
- How to enable and use the Galaxy S5 split screen.
- How to setup your Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner.
- How to factory reset the Galaxy S5.
- How to update your Galaxy S5.
How to setup Samsung Gear VR and run your first game
The Samsung Gear VR is a virtual reality headset that uses your smartphone to deliver ...read more
Pokemon GO at sea
In the time since Pokemon go was launched literally thousands of articles has been written ...read more
Android Marshmallow’s Hidden System UI Tuner
One of the greatest things about the Android operating system is how open and fully ...read more
How to get Android N Features
Most of us are aware of Android N’s current “Beta” stage. Android N happens to ...read more