How to update the Samsung galaxy s2 with latest official firmware
One of the best things about owning a galaxy s devise is that Samsung are constantly providing it’s buyers with the newest version of Android. As a result the Galaxy s series of phones can be considered among the best cell phones to buy.
From time to time Google releases a new versions of the Android Os. If you want to check if your Galaxy s2 has received a update since you bought it there is an easy way to find out. In this article I will show you the easy steps required to do so.
This will also work on the American versions of the phone, the I9100g the I929 Duos the skyrocket HD the HD LTE the skyrocket I729 the LTE I9210 the T989 the I777 the Epic 4G touch the X T989D and the LTE I727R
Before you start
It is always a good idea to backup your phone before an update for safe measure. Personally I have never heard of anyone loosing any data from an Android update. Samsung however recommends it so consider yourself warned.
Also it is a good idea to turn on you Wi-Fi to make sure you wont download a big file through your cell phone carrier ( can be expencive if you are not on a data plan )
Lets update your Galaxy s2
- Find and press the settings button. It can be found together with your applications or in some cases on your homescreen.
- Once there press the tab named about phone.
- Towards the bottom of this screen press the software update tab.
- A screen will pop up where you will have to confirm your choice.
- Downloading a new version of Android can take some time depending on how big the upgrade is.
- When it’s done your phone will restart and when it boots again you will have the latest Android version officially awailable to your phone.
Found something useful, why not
How to setup Samsung Gear VR and run your first game
The Samsung Gear VR is a virtual reality headset that uses your smartphone to deliver ...read more
Pokemon GO at sea
In the time since Pokemon go was launched literally thousands of articles has been written ...read more
Android Marshmallow’s Hidden System UI Tuner
One of the greatest things about the Android operating system is how open and fully ...read more
How to get Android N Features
Most of us are aware of Android N’s current “Beta” stage. Android N happens to ...read more