To get the most from your android phone it is a wise move to make sure it always runs the latest available version of the Android Os. By default most phones checks for available updates automatically but that might just be a bit too slow for your taste. Keep reading to learn how to manually check for the latest Android Version.
When the Galaxy Note 4 hit consumers across the globe in the late part of 2014 it shipped with Android Version 4.4.4. Since then we have already received a number of relatively small updates. These days Android 5.0 lollipop is seeding to Note 4 and Note 3 users in Europe.
I know that you are eager to get started but before you do, please take a moment to backup a few important things from your phone. If you are not sure how to, be my guest and check out our : How to backup Android contacts, and How to backup Android photos tutorials.
How to update the Galaxy Note 4
- Pull down the notification area on your note by swiping down from the top of the phones screen.
- Press the gear symbol in the top right corner of the notification area.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the next screen and press “About device”.
- Now press “Software updates” which will take you to the next screen.
- Depending if you are on a data plan which includes lots of mobile data traffic I suggest you hit “Wi-Fi only” before proceeding as some of these updates can be more than 1GB in size.
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi and press “Update now”.
- Press ok on the next screen, and your Galaxy Note 4 will connect to Samsung servers to check for available updates.
Do not panic if you got the pop up as seen in the image above. It simply means that your device can’t get it just yet. You might have heard that the Note 4 already started receiving the lollipop update. Unfortunately this does not mean everyone gets it at the same time.
Most times these updates rolls out a few countries at a time, and as if that was not enough sometimes your cell phone carrier needs to customize Android before releasing it to its customers.
If you are having any problems at all getting your phone updated be sure to drop us a line in the comments section below.
How to block someone on Android
Being hassled by telemarketers, or have a few "friends" that keep calling you at the ...read more
How to disable launcher icon notifications on Android
Notifications is a helpful feature of any modern phone. It lets you know when something ...read more
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more