How to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the latest available official Android Os software version.
To get the most from your cell phone, it is advisable to make sure that the software it is running is always up to date.
This is a process that happens automatically unless you have disabled it on your phone. Mind you this is requires you device to be connected to Wi-Fi. If for some reason you can’t or won’t connect your phone wirelessly, it is nice to know that you can check for updates on your computer.
If you can connect your phone directly to a Wi-Fi connection there is a better way of updating your phone. Check out our Galaxy S5 update tutorial, for details on how to do this.
Before you start, make sure that you have a computer connected to the internet and that you have the USB cable required to connect your phone to the computer.
How to update Galaxy S5 with Kies.
- Head on over to Samsungs support page to download the correct Kies version. Pay attention to the fact that there are three different versions, depending on whether you have a PC or MAC, and how old your cell phone is.
- Connect your phone to your computer with the USB cable. You may have to wait a few moments for drivers to be installed.
- If Kies does not automatically start you will have to manually start the program on your PC or MAC.
- As soon as Kies and your S5 connects the program will automatically check if it has the latest available Android version installed.
- If not, follow the on screen instructions to get your Galaxy s5 up to date.
- If this was what you were looking for why not
Once your phone gets the latest available version you can start enjoying the new features and improvements for Android.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 was originally released to the public sporting Android version 4.4.2. Over the next coming months and years we expect Samsung to release several firmware updates to this phone. In general I would say that Samsung is among the best cell phone manufacturers at bringing us the latest software version. Hopefully this is not about to change anytime soon.
While your phone is updating why not check out the official Android website to see which useful new features and improvements you can look forward to playing with in a few moments.
Check out these related articles for ways of getting the most out of your smartphone.
- Galaxy S5 screenshot tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 split screen tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 fingerprint reader setup tutorial.
- Galaxy S5 reset tutorial.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S5
Chain fire one of the most well known modders in the Android scene has released ...read more
How to turn any regular Galaxy S5 into a Galaxy S5 developer edition
In this tutorial we will show you how to make any ordinary Samsung Galaxy S5 ...read more
Black home screen image for all 1080x1920 phones
To conserve energy there is a lot of things that can be done, one of ...read more
Galaxy S5 split screen
How to enable and use split screen for the Samsung Galaxy S5.For the longest time ...read more