This is how you update the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to the latest Android Os version.
From time to time Sony makes another version of the Android Os available.
Even though the newly released Xperia Z1 Compact shipped with Android Os version 4.3 it has been promised that an update to Version 4.4 Kit Kat will be available in not to long. Hopefully this smartphone will also get the next Android version. We still don’t know if it will be 4.5 or 5.0, it largely depends on how big an update this will be.
Before you start a word of advice. For safe measure you should backup the things you can’t do without. I personally never lost any data during an update but I have heard that it can happen. To get you started check out these tutorials :
This is how you update:
- Put your finger on the top of your screen and pull down to bring up the notification area.
- press the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and press the about phone icon.
- Press Software update.
- Press system in the top right corner of the screen.
- Your phone will now check for available updates.
- If this was helpful why not
If your attempt was successful and you got the latest Android version installed on your phone, check out the official Android page to see which new features you can look forward to. You can find it right here : Official Android Os page.
Take special notice that even if Sony has announced that an update has been made available these things take time. Depending on which carrier you’re on and which country you are in, it can take weeks or months before everyone gets it. If you run into problems leave us a note in the comments section on this page and we will try to get you the necessary help.
Check out these related tutorials :
- How to screenshot on the Xperia Z1 Compact.
- How to reset the Xperia Z1 Compact.
- How to customize the Xperia Z1 Compact homescreen.
Customize Xperia Z1 homescreen
How to customize the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact home screen.One of the main advantages of ...read more
Xperia Z1 compact reset
How to reset your Sony Xperia Z1 compact to factory settings.The reasons for wanting to ...read more