How to enable and use multiview on your Galaxy s3
Starting from Android version 4.1.2 the Samsung Galaxy s3 has the ability to split it’s screen in two so you can run two apps at one time on the same screen.
To set it it up you should first start to check your android version. You can do this by going to Settings – About device. Here you will find a tab that says Android version. If this one reads 4.1.2 or bigger your s3 has multi view. If your version number is smaller than 4.1.2 you chould check out my Samsung Galaxy s3 update tutorial, before you proceed.
If you have the s4 you should rather check out our Samsung Galaxy s4 split screen tutorial.
Next let me show you how to enable multiview on your Galaxy s3 :
- Go to your settings.
- In the upper half you can find a tab named Display. Press it
- In the window that appears next you will find a tab called Multi window.
Thats it, you have now enabled split screen on smartphone and a grey semi circle will appear on the left side of your screen. If you want to know how to use it keep reading.
- Press the semi circle on your phones left side to bring up a list of apps that supports split screen.
- From the list that appears press the first app you want to run.
- Now press, hold, and drag the second app from the list to the upper or lower end of your screen to start the second app.
A few more things I want to tell you about before you leave or check out our other articles.
- You can resize the different windows by holding and sliding the line that separates the two open windows.
- Press the square to view the active window in full screen.
- Press the two squares with the arrows to make the apps swap positions.
- Found something useful why not
For a visual representation of how to use multiview check out the video below :