Today Samsung finally gave us some info on the coming galaxy s3. Here are the juicy bits!
I can now confirm that the Samsung galaxy s3 will be the first phone in the world to come with a wireless charger. The battery in itself is also worth mentioning as comes with a massive 2100 mAh of juice. That should be more than enough to last us all a whole day.
So what sits at the core of this new phone you may ask ? Well it is a Quad core clocked at 1.4 GHz. The name of the new chip is “Samsung Exynos 4 quad processor”. It has four 32 nm Cortex-A9 cores clocked at 1.4GHz. According to Samsung’s press release it offers dramatic reduction in power consumption by adopting different levels of voltage and frequency when changing workloads. As to how powerful it is, So far it has blown the competitors away on the few benchmarks that has been seen on it.
The Samsung galaxy s3 sports a massive 4.8 inch HD super amoled screen. That is one of the biggest screens seen on any phone and a little bit bigger than the competitions HTC one X which has a 4.7 inch screen. Also worth taking note of is the super amoled which we have seen in the galaxy s2. A great screen.
Unlike some other smart phone makers Samsung seems to have made an effort to let you use your phone for a whole day. By shipping the new phone with a 2100 mAh combined with the very power efficient super amoled display and a quad-core processor which will only utilize as much power as it needs, I should think it will keep on going for a whole day and then some.
It should come as no surprise that Samsung’s new flagship phone comes with the newest version of the android os. Android 4 ice cream sandwich. Hopefully this phone will stay around long enough to get the next version ( Jelly Bean )
The Samsung galaxy s3 comes with a 8 mega pixel camera with some nifty features such as “burst shoot” and “best photo”. The burst shoot lets you take up to 20 images with one press on the shutter button, and the best photo means that the phone can pick the best photo for you.
How things look will always be an acquired taste. I on my part think it looks like a great piece of engineering. The facts though are that it is 8.6 mm thick, 70.6 mm wide and 136.6 mm long. It has a 4.8 inch display and a single hardware button in the front.
- One of the coolest features Samsung showed us in their presentation is what they call “Auto Call” It works in such a way that if you are typing a text message to someone and you decide to call instead all you have to do is put the phone up to your ear and the phones accelerometer and the proximity censor knows what you are trying to do, and automatically places a call to the person.
- Picture in picture . This is where Samsung takes advantage of being a big company with a lot of different legs to stand on. You can now with the press of a button bring up a smaller version of any video you are watching so that you can do other things while watching it. Some examples are texting or browsing.
- Smart stay. Have you ever been reading a long document only interrupted by your phone’s screen to go dark every 30 seconds or so. This is a feature used to conserve battery but it is of course a bother. The Samsung galaxy s3 utilizes its front facing camera to see if you are watching your phone or not, if you are there and still watching, the phone will not go into power saving mode but stay lit until you are done.
- S Beam. Read all about it in this post dedicated to S Beam
- Screenshot. Samsung has added a brand new way of doing a screen capture from the phone screen. The way this is done is by putting your hand on the right side of the screen and moving it across towards the left. Read more about it in this article dedicated to the screenshot function of the galaxy s III.
- S Voice. This is Samsung’s equivalent of Apples Siri. In short terms it is a voice recognition system for your Android phone witch lets you give verbal commands to your phone in stead of inputting what you want it to do by written commands on your screen. If you want to know more about it you should read this article about S Voice and it’s commands
When can you get it
The phone will be launched in 145 countries partnering with 296 mobile operators. The phone will stars hitting stores in europe by the end of May month. The european launch will be followed by Russia, the middle east, Africa, and latin america. And a little later in the summer it will be followed by North America, Japan,Korean launch.
Check out the next page for more pictures of this good looking phone
Technical information :
|2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz4G (Dependent on market)|
|4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED (1280×720) display|
|Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)|
|Main(Rear): 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash& Zero Shutter Lag, BISSub (Front): 1.9 Mega pixel camera, HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS|
|Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark|
Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
|Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC＋/eAAC＋, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X|
S Beam, Buddy photo share, Share shot
AllShare Play, AllShare Cast
Smart stay, Social tag, Group tag, Face zoom, Face slide show
|Direct call, Smart alert, Tap to top, Camera quick access|
Pop up play
|Burst shot & Best photo, Recording snapshot, HDR|
Google™ Mobile Services
|Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude|
Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies
Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk,
Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads
|WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40|
Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
16/ 32GB User memory (64GB available soon) ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB)
136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133g
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 leaked again by casemaker
Surprice surprice. Another casemaker, this time vrs design has leaked images of the soon to ...read more
Lots of images of the Samsung Galaxy s7 Olympic games edition
Samsung has finally revealed the highly anticipated olympic games edition of the Galaxy S7, Check ...read more
Top new features of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Now we all know the hottest devices in the smartphone world right now are the ...read more
This is the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge
It’s been a year since MWC 2015 was held at Barcelona, and here we are ...read more