How to update your Galaxy s4 to the latest Android Os version.
One of the best things about the Android Os is the fact that it is constantly evolving.
This means that the cell phone makers from time to time makes available new updates. This ensures that you can hopefully get access to newer Android Os versions for your cell phone.
To ensure that you are always getting the most from your phone be sure to check for updates once in a while.
Before you update a word of warning.
A word of warning before you get started. In some rare cases you can actually lose your data when updating your phone. To make certain that you don’t lose any important data you should backup the things to valuable to lose. Personally I have never lost anything even though I have updated many phones many times but remeber the old saying, better safe than sorry.
How to update the Samsung Galaxy s4.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Unless you are on a data plan with your carrier you should use Wi-Fi or get ready to recieve a big bill for data usage, as updates can sometimes be very big.
- Once connected head on over to the settings. It can be found among your apps.
- Next push the more tab in the upper right corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the next window hit the About device button.
- Here you will find the Software update tab. Press it.
- Press the Update button.
- If this was useful why not
Your phone will now connect to the Samsung servers and check if there are any updates available for your phone. If there are any you simply have to follow the on screen instructions. If no updates are available at this time you will get a message saying : The latest updates have already been installed.
If no update was available it is worth noting that sometimes the new version is made available sooner if you update your phone through Kies from Samsung. So if you had no luck with this approach you could check out our how to update the Galaxy s4 with Kies. ( a computer with an Internet connection is required.)
Why should you update your Galaxy s4 ?
The reasons for upgrading your cell phone to the latest firmware version are many.
One of the most important ones is that there are always someone trying to hack and take advantage of other peoples phones. As Google and Android discovers how they do this those holes are closed as quickly as possible. If your phone is not running the latest version you are not taking advantage of this. For details on the latest version check out Android.com.
Most Android Os updates also come with a host of new features, and most times both visual and performance enhancements. So if you want your S4 to look as good as it can and be as smooth and fast as it can possibly be, update your phone today.
There really are no drawbacks as long as you remembered to backup your contacts and photos before you started.
For more tutorials check out our Galaxy s4 tutorials section.
Or go directly to one of the more popular ones right here:
- How to screenshot on the Galaxy s4.
- How to update the Galaxy s4 using Kies.
- How to customize the Galaxy s4 lock screen.
- How to customize the Galaxy s4 home screen.
- How to factory reset the Galaxy s4.
- How to use split screen on the Galaxy s4.
If you would rather see a video of how to check for the update I have included it right here:
How to customize the Galaxy s4 Home screen
Let me show you how to change around a few things on your Galaxy s4 ...read more
update Galaxy s4 with kies
How to update your Samsung Galaxy s4 with Kies software from Samsung. If for some reason ...read more