How to update your Android device to the latest available version.
For as long as smartphones has been around there has always been updates to their software.
Phone manufacturers has always been in a hurry to get new products out to a hungry audience waiting for the next big thing to hit the cellphone arena. As a consequence the phones will almost always be put out for sale before all the errors and quirks has been cleansed from the system. As a way of correcting these errors manufacturers like Samsung, Huawei, HTC, Sony etc will from time to time need to update the firmware.
In most cases these updates will show up on your phone when the time is right, but for those of you not willing to wait a second longer than necessary there is a way to check for these upgrades manually. This will in some cases give you the update sooner rather than later.
Backup your files before updating.
A word of warning before you start. Even though the risk of losing any data is minimal at this point it is always better to be safe than sorry. This is why I strongly suggest you backup any irreplaceable data before commencing.
To backup your contact list check out this comprehensive guide: Backup android contacts.
To backup your photos and images take a look over here: Backup Android photos.
How to update to the latest Android version.
- Updating a phone or tablet’s firmware can consume a lot of data, so unless you have a really big data plan with your carrier make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Press the apps icon to take you to a list of all your apps.
- From here press the settings icon to take you to the settings menu.
- Find and press press About Device, usually at the bottom of this list.
- At the top there should be a tab named Software update, press it.
- On the next screen there is a tab named Update. find it and press it.
- Your phone will now try to connect to your brands servers to look for the latest available updates for your device.
- Useful, why not
Or check out Google’s own page to read about the newest and older Android versions.
How to block someone on Android
Being hassled by telemarketers, or have a few "friends" that keep calling you at the ...read more
How to disable launcher icon notifications on Android
Notifications is a helpful feature of any modern phone. It lets you know when something ...read more
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more