How to update your Samsung Galaxy s4 with Kies software from Samsung.
If for some reason you can’t or won’t update your galaxy s4 OTA ( over the air ) i’m going to show you another way of doing it. For this method of updating your Galaxy s4 you are going to need a computer, a Galaxy s4 and a UBS to micro UBS cable like the one supplied in the box that your phone came in.
Sometimes an update simply won’t be made available through OTA and as such needs to be done using this way. One reason I have heard cell phone manufacturers use is that some updates are simply to big for updating any other way.
If you are using the charger that came with your phone you can find your USB cable stuck to the charger. The cable itself is detachable.
Before you start there is a few things you should be aware of. Like the fact that updating your phone could in some cases cause data loss. If you want to make sure that the most important content on your phone gets backed up we have made a few tutorials to help you.
Check out how to backup Android contacts and how to backup Android photos and pictures. Once you are sure that you have a backup of all the content on your phone that you can’t do without, you are ready to get started.
How to update your Samsung Galaxy s4 with Kies.
- Download and install the official Samsung Kies software.
- Once you have installed Kies to your computer start it up.
- Connect your phone to your computer with the USB cable.
- If this is the first time you connect your phone to the computer, give it a couple of minutes to install the necessary drivers and connect.
- If any updates are available a pop up will appear. Click update and hit confirm once you have read the caution statements.
- Hit the start upgrade button.
- All that is left for you to do is wait until the update is complete and hit the confirm to finish the installation.
- If useful why not
While you wait for the update to finish check out the official Android Os page to find out what to expect if you are receiving the latest version.
Samsung Galaxy S6 : How to factory reset
Alright, if you're reading this, you may have gotten your hands on the newly released ...read more
How to Downgrade Android Firmware and Versions
If your device has been upgraded to a new version of Android, like for example; ...read more
Android devices and FTP servers
File transfer is what made the internet so useful. You have probably downloaded uncountable amounts ...read more
How to transfer apps from Internal Storage to External Storage
Android devices are known for having removable/expandable storage, such as a micro SD card slot, ...read more