For some reason Samsung decided that a task manager button was more useful than a menu button. Happily though the menu button is still there, you just have to know where to look.
The other day I stumbled across a reddit post where a user could not find the menu button on his S5. What made matters worse was the fact that the user was using an app that recognizes the device as having a menu button, so it did not display the onscreen button.
Since the onscreen menu button was not displayed and the user did not know how to access the hardware button he had no way of accessing the menu in the app.
After contacting support he was informed how this works on the Galaxy S5. Let me show you how.
- Press and hold the dedicated task manage button. ( situated in the area below your screen, to the left of your home button ).
- Keep it pressed for about 1 second and the menu will appear.
- Share this with your friends
To get more tips and tricks for the Samsung Galaxy S5, check out these related articles.
- How to screenshot on the Galaxy S5.
- How to update the Galaxy S5.
- How to factory reset the Galaxy S5.
- How to setup the Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner.
- How to enable and use the Galaxy S5 split screen.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S5
Chain fire one of the most well known modders in the Android scene has released ...read more
How to turn any regular Galaxy S5 into a Galaxy S5 developer edition
In this tutorial we will show you how to make any ordinary Samsung Galaxy S5 ...read more
Black home screen image for all 1080x1920 phones
To conserve energy there is a lot of things that can be done, one of ...read more
Galaxy S5 split screen
How to enable and use split screen for the Samsung Galaxy S5.For the longest time ...read more