In this tutorial we will show you how to make any ordinary Samsung Galaxy S5 into a developer edition.
If you are a developer of games or apps for the Android Os platform chances are that you own a developer edition cell phone. Then again there’s a chance that you don’t even know why or if you should get one.
From what little information I have found on what separates a regular phone from a developer edition there isn’t much to tell. Seems to me that the biggest difference is the fact that it’s easier to unlock their bootloader.
What’s a bootloader.
When you turn your phone on, the first thing that starts is the bootloader. It checks that the firmware you want to load is the one that the manufacturer of the phone originally intended the device to load. Put in another way, it stops you from tinkering with things they don’t want you to tinker with.
How to turn your S5 in to a Galaxy S5 developer edition.
- From your homescreen press the apps icon.
- Find and press the settings icon.
- Under system press the about device icon. You will have to scroll down to find it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the next screen and start repeatedly pressing where it says Build number.
- After a little while a warning message will appear. Keep pressing a few more times and you are there.
- If this was what you were looking for why not
Once you are done you can go ahead and check out the newly unlocked developer options on your Galaxy S5.
Also make sure you check out these related articles.
- How to screenshot on the Galaxy S5.
- How to enable and use the Galaxy S5 split screen.
- How to setup your Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner.
- How to factory reset the Galaxy S5.
- How to update your Galaxy S5.
How to block someone on Android
Being hassled by telemarketers, or have a few "friends" that keep calling you at the ...read more
How to disable launcher icon notifications on Android
Notifications is a helpful feature of any modern phone. It lets you know when something ...read more
How to make a GIF with the Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how you make a GIF or animated screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S8 ...read more
How to screenshot Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
This is how to do screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Once you know how ...read more